What We Do
Gathering, standardizing, building, maintaining and understanding large datasets of telecom plans and prices is our specialty.
Telecom data is our foundation. Over our history, we have built an unparalleled archive of pricing, service and related telecom plan data from around the world. We track mobile, broadband, fixed line and double/triple/quad-play plans globally in support of operators, regulators and other industry participants.
Our data services can be packaged in many different formats—ranging from Excel spreadsheets covering years of information to daily PowerPoints tracking current promotions.
Our information has been employed by clients to answer all types of pressing questions, both operational and strategic, including:
- How can we gauge the impact of new operators or MNO consolidation on market prices for consumer and businesses?
- What are the latest pricing and plan development trends across countries and what have they been over time?
- How can we identify leading edge offers and best practices from around the world?
- How can we visualize the differences in offers between operators and/or countries?
- How do our plans compare with our competitors’ plan?
These are just a small sample of the types of intelligence clients gain when they have access to our data.
Our technology solutions provide fast, easy and secure access to large quantities of plan and pricing data, along with the ability to analyze that data to gain a competitive edge.
We don’t just supply raw data, we also develop tools that help them turn our data into meaningful business insights. To achieve this, our data tools are all built around the following principals:
- Ease-of-use – We believe in tools that are intuitive. Users should be able to rapidly find the precise data they seek with the results be presented in a clean, clear easy-to-understand format.
- Flexibility – Experience has taught us that no two clients’ needs are the same. That’s why we have designed our tools to allow users to dictate their own search parameters and tailor the output to their requirements.
- Timeliness – The telecom industry is in a constant state of flux: Smartphones are launched, promotions unveiled, and content partnerships announced all the time. In the face of this dynamic and everchanging ecosystem, we deliver solutions that keep our clients abreast of their market in real time or near real time, allowing them to stay ahead of the competition.
Using these principals, we can provide both off-the-shelf tools and customized solutions that are targeted to a client’s needs.
We love a research challenge. Let our researchers help you find the insights you need.
Research is the foundation of our business. Our research team specializes in gathering hard-to-find information and putting it into context. Their expertise has been forged via the day in and day out process of collecting plan data from around the world for use in our off-the-shelf products and syndicated research. They are also frequently called on by clients to handle a wide variety of customized research projects and queries. These projects often involve gathering and analyzing data from around the world.
Our researchers work closely with each client to tailor the format and analysis to best meet the client’s specific needs.
Facing an aggressive competitor? Having trouble marketing a content partnership? Getting pressured by a regulator? Our consultants can help.
At Tarifica, our focus is on telecom plans. Every year, our research team reviews hundreds of thousands of mobile and broadband offers across more than one hundred countries. For each of these offers, our team closely examines its specific features, special conditions and prices.
Our global vantagepoint uniquely positions us to identify innovative and noteworthy offers from around the world. We contextualize these offers based on both market history and competitive environment to provide clients with a better understanding not just with respect to the success of these plans, but how similar offers might be received within the client’s home market.
Our laser-like focus and unique perspective wherein we monitor one specific segment of one industry enables clients to leverage our expertise for help with a variety of custom studies and consulting projects. Our consulting engagements have included:
- Working with clients to counter disruptive offers from their competitors
- Monitoring the implementation of new regulations and analyzing strategies that other operators have employed to adjust to the new realities brought about by those regulations
- Identifying competitive gaps in available offers and working with clients to develop plans designed to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Compiling best practices for developing plans targeted at specific demographic groups built on global examples
Our consulting practice leverages our global experience and expertise in tracking and assessing telecom offers enabling us to bring all our capabilities to bear on the challenges facing operators when it comes to the design, development and marketing of leading edge plans.
Our data science team knows how to turn our mountains of data into critical intelligence on competitors’ moves, market trends, price changes and more.
Operators face many challenges when developing new plans. The landscape is constantly changing with new promotions. Offers typically need to contain many different elements bundled together (device pricing, data volume, network speed and more). Consumer demands are often fickle. In short, strategists and propositions analysts are often confronted by competing objectives. Making matters worse from an intelligence gathering standpoint, operators closely guard data on the performance of their offers, so it can be nearly impossible to separate the crucial pieces of information from the mundane when deciding where and how to best compete.
Our data analytics specialists are experts in helping clients overcome these challenging conditions. They work closely with clients to build programs that incorporate every available data point—ultimately linking information on plans and pricing with consumer demand indicators, device sales and much more. For clients, the result is a better understanding of the success (or lack thereof) of their competitors’ offers, the ability to more accurately predict pricing adjustments, and the development of attractive new propositions.
The stakes are high. The difference between acting a week ahead of the market in repricing a leading smartphone versus a week behind can result in millions in lost revenue. Our data science team will help you navigate this environment and build compelling, successful propositions.